Monday, October 13, 2014

Review/First Impression: NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Powder Foundation

A Review/First Impression on NYX Stay Matte but Not Flat Powder Foundation


Hey Everyone!


I hope you guys are doing well! I decided to do a product review/first impression on the powder foundation from NYX called "Stay Matte but Not flat" I got mine from Rickys, but they also sell this on Ulta, which you can get (here) 
My product cost about $9.50 in Rickys, and on Ulta, it's being sold for $9.99. 

**DISCLAIMER** These are the details Ulta claims about the product (NOT MINE) My opinion and thoughts will be later on in the post!

"NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation:



  • Powder foundation duo that provides perfect, full coverage and an on-trend matte finish
  • Oil-free formulation is designed for all skin types
  • Available in a range of gorgeous shades that flatter a variety of skin tones with a flawless finish
  • Get the matte finish that features effortless, natural-looking hues to help you achieve a flawless complexion
  • The Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation comes in a variety of gorgeous shades that provide the perfect finish to flatter all skin tones!"
  • This product is: (0.26 oz.)






    **Another Disclaimer** 
    I forgot to post a before picture, but I ended up snapping one after I removed my makeup. The only thing I kept on was my eyebrows filled in and mascara, everything else is all me.






    Before:



    Yes, I have a huge zit/pimple -_- but, I figured this would be a great way to test this powder foundation out and see what kind of coverage this has. :) 


    After Application:


    *I apologize in advance if I look really sleepy, I woke up extremely early and had to run errands for the day. 

    This is only with the Powder Foundation, Flash Photography and NO Edits! 
    I wanted to be completely honest with you guys, as I should and always will be! My thoughts putting this powder foundation on was that I noticed how Medium/Full Coverage it was, it definitely helped somewhat conceal my pimple (as you can see in the photo above). It doesn't look cakey on my face at all (I have oily/combo skin, by the way!) It looks very natural to me. Based on the photo I feel like my skin looks "flawless" and "airbrushed" I actually like the finish of this foundation. In my opinion I wouldn't say its mainly "matte", I feel like the finish of this foundation is satin. It doesn't have a wide variety of different shades which is a con of this product. I got mine in the color "soft beige" hoping this would match my skin tone, and to be honest it's a pinch size darker than my actual skin tone, but it's not horrible at all, and I can manage it.



    This is after I applied the rest of my makeup. My camera quality doesn't do it justice, but in person my blush, bronzer, and highlight showed well on top of the foundation. I applied this foundation at 12:15PM



    7 hours in total after application:




    This is how the NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Powder Foundation held up. It was 7:15PM in the evening, and I feel like the foundation held up pretty well. My Bronzer/Blush/Highlight stayed on which is a plus in my book. My skin still looks very good actually, the coverage still looks great and flawless. It did continue to conceal my pimple after the full 7 hours, which I can't believe, because I thought it was going to rub off, but it didn't and that was very shocking to me. I never re-applied the foundation at all! The only problem I had with it was that I did get really oily around my T-Zone, but mainly my nose area. It doesn't look that bad at all in my opinion, but if I blotted my nose, or added a bit more powder than the foundation would continue looking great.

    Overall, I actually love this powder foundation. It gives me great coverage, it doesn't feel heavy on my face at all, the powder is very light and doesn't make me look "cake faced." The only thing I would tell you Dry faced ladies is to stay away from this powder foundation, only because it would cling onto the dry patches on your skin and may make you look really cakey. Although, you can get away with using this foundation as your setting powder, but with a light hand! ;) For you oily girls, this foundation will also be good on you, just make sure you add setting powder or setting spray after you apply this foundation, because you might get oily in the areas you usually get oily in, like I did on my T-Zone. I hope this post was somewhat helpful to you guys if you guys were considering getting this product. As always, leave comments and suggestions you would like to see on my next blog post. 




    **These opinions and thoughts were 100% truthful, and no way shape or form trying to sell this product nor bash it neither. I'm just sharing my opinion on a product that I tried out for the first time, and honestly ended up liking it. If you had tried this powder foundation out, let me know what your thoughts are :) 


    BESOS XO, Kristina

    No comments:

    Post a Comment