Friday, September 19, 2014

Deep conditioning hair care routine

Current Hair Care Routine:

Hey everyone! 
It is very important for myself that I always maintain and keep my hair very healthy. Therefore, I will share with you guys what I use on my hair to keep it nice and healthy. I will show you guys what I use when I, shower, the Deep conditioners that I made myself, a shine spray after I style my hair using heat, and a leave in conditioner for when I air dry my hair and use no heat at all. My hair is naturally wavy/curly. I prefer the term "Soft curls", but I'm always using a blow dryer and a flat iron to straighten my hair. Yes, I know that's not the greatest thing, but I always make sure to use a heat protectant spray. I use TRESemme Heat Protectant Spray before I use any powerful heat on my hair. Down below I will show you the products I use on my hair.




This is my "Deep Conditioner" routine that I made myself using Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Castor Oil to hydrate my hair and help grow it out thicker and faster. I do this deep conditioning every week. (Fridays) 

Coconut oil is said to help with:

  • Hair loss
  • Hair damage
  • Cooling properties
  • Moisture Retention
  • Hair Conditioning
  • Hair care for dry hair
  • and Split ends 
Castor oil is said to help with:
  • Hair growth
  • Improves with circulation
  • Controls split ends
  • Prevents hair loss
  • and Moistures scalp
How did I create the deep conditioner?: 
So the first thing I do is get an empty jar. (Take any jar that you have, preferably a mason jar, it worked best for me.) You can get those in a craft store. I got mine at Michael's Craft store for $1.50 each. Take about a half a cup of coconut oil and a half a cup of castor oil. Mix together and Waa-laaa you have your deep conditioner! It's Very simple and easy to make. 
Now to apply to hair: You take a teaspoon of the mixture, apply to your finger tips, and rub on your scalp. I would rub on your scalp for about 3 minutes (massage your head with the conditioner) and apply to the tips of your hair, to contain moisture and prevent split ends. 
After I applied everything to where they're supposed to be, I leave the deep conditioner in my hair for about an hour. I usually put on a shower cap to let the mixture really hydrate my hair and preventing any air from going in on my scalp. When the hour is up, I go and take a shower and use these two items to wash my hair: 

I got this shampoo bar on iherb.com (just search J.R Liggets Shampoo bar)



J.R Liggets Shampoo bar with coconut and Aragon oil is amazing for my hair. It really works wonders! When I'm washing my hair off, especially if I have the oils in my hair, I wash my hair about 3x. I'm only washing my scalp and the ends of my hair with the shampoo bar. I'll have a more in depth review on the shampoo bar in another blog post. (So stay tuned for that!) Then I go in with my favorite "deep conditioner" which is L'Oreal Total repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. The texture of the erasing-balm feels like butter and smells AMAZING. I grab some with my finger tips and I put this on the ends of my hair and leave it in for 3 minutes. Then I rinse off and I'm done with the my routine of washing my hair. If I'm going to blow dry my hair and straighten it with a flat iron, I use: 


Moroccan Argan oil weightless healing dry oil only on the ends of my hair to keep them hydrated for the rest of the day. I use only about one spray, because honestly a little goes a long way, and run my fingers through the ends of my hair. This is one of my favorite dry oils to use on my hair, because it's light weight and really keeps the ends of my hair shiny, and looking healthy.

When I usually don't straighten my hair, and let my hair air dry I use: 


Cantu's Shea Butter leave in conditioning repair cream. This stuff is great! Not only it smells yummy, it leaves my hair so soft and makes my curls look beautiful. So ladies, if you want to hydrate your curls, this is what you need in your life! I only grab a few product on my finger tips, run it through my hair focusing more on the ends of my hair, and scrunch it to make it curl better and easier. I usually don't like to put this on the top of my hair only because I have oily hair, and using this will make the top of my hair very oily, and that's not cute! So I avoid using it at the top of my hair and focus on the middle-bottom of my hair. Again, a little goes a long way with this because it's very thick so what I also do is take some and add a bit of water to thin out the thickness of the product and then apply to the areas I need it most. 


So this is pretty much my deep conditioning hair care routine that I do every week. All of the products I got were from the drugstore besides the J.R Liggets Shampoo bar. I listed below the photo where I got it! I hope this post was helpful for some of you, comment below if you have tried any of these products and tell me what you think of them! :) & If you want a post on how I keep my hair long, just comment below and let me know! Thanks so much for viewing my blog! And always leave me any suggestions you would like to see me post next! :)

Besos, XO Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment