Thursday, November 13, 2014

Product Review: Bobbi Brown's "Scotch on the Rocks" Highlighter

Hey Everyone!



So, this blog post is going to be a product review on Bobbi Brown's new limited edition "Scotch on the Rocks" Highlighter. They have two, one called Pink Glow and one called Bronze Glow. The one that I bought was the BRONZE GLOW. It retails for about $45.00, and I'm not sure if they still sell it in Sephora anymore, I just checked their website and it's not there. You can check in stores too, but Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Neiman Marcus sell it. 


The highlighter comes in a great marble like packaging, I mean Bobbi Brown's packaging are always *thumbs up!* As soon as you open it, it has a decent sized mirror, and the product is laid flat with amazing texture, and pattern. This highlight is sent from the Makeup Gods above! I absolutely loved it when I first opened it.





Here's bronze glow swatched on my finger, and then on my hand. This highlighter is perfect for all skin types in my opinion. Fair skin- mainly as a blush on top of your bronzer to give you that beautiful glow. Medium skin- to apply above your blush/bronzer to give you that gorgeous glow as well, and for Dark skin- This can work for your highlight or even a blush too! 

I feel like this is a versatile product too! You can substitute this as a eyeshadow, your highlight, bronzer, blush etc! It works good for anything. The feeling of it is almost buttery, not flakey whatsoever! 



Here's how it looks on me, and I am Fair to Medium Skin:




#ExcuseTheMessyHair Lol!



As you can see, it photographs lovely (I used flash for all these photos) and I am beyond obsessed with this highlighter. At first, I thought it was a little too dark to use it as a highlight, but it worked so well and applied so nicely. Also, one thing about Bronzy Highlighters is that some of them can make you look "Muddy" or "Dirty" this one doesn't do that at all! It's so natural looking and gives you that "Jlo Glow!"




These are some photos I took without the flash option:


Either way, this highlight will give you LIFE girl! If you're a highlight junkie like me, I recommend you get this highlighter like now before they stop having it on the market! I'm sure theres other dupes to this highlight, but for now, if you have some money you want to spend, and is in need of a great highlighter. Get it! I promise you, you will love it as much as I do :) This is slowly becoming one of my favorites, I mean it was featured in my October Favorites in my last blog post. Haha, but in all serious-ness; I actually really like this highlight, It compliments my skin so well, and I have gotten compliments while wearing this highlight. :)


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and gave you ideas about this product. I'm not trying to sell this product, I'm just helping my girls out there who are in search for a great highlighter, and this so happens to be one of my favorites. As always, leave comments on suggestions of what you would like to see next on my blog. Please share, comment, like, support! I would greatly appreciate it! Love ya! 



BESOS  XO KRISTINA

No comments:

Post a Comment